Music Banter - View Single Post - The great hardcore/punk countdown
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #139 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

92. Gang Green Genre (Hardcore/Crossover Thrash) Massachusetts USA, era 80's}

Scream Genre (Hardcore) Virginia USA, era 80's

People always talk about New York Hardcore, but Boston has been just a big a mecca for punk & hardcore over the years. Gang Green has been one of the more notable bands to come out of the Boston hardcore scene. We've already had a few bands from this area, so not the first, and defiantly not the last band on the list to come from the "State of Massuchesettes!"

Alcohol

Haunted House

Skate To Hell

Scream

Yes Dave Grohl was a drummer in this band. I noticed the view count spiked about a week ago, which means somehow everyone has figured out that I am covertly revamping the list.

I therefore have a favour to ask. I use to have a version of this song "Fight" that started with this guy talking to the band stating...

"Yeah, I like a lot of punk rock you know... Elvis Costello, The Clash, Duran Duran, Billy Idol. I got all the Cars records too. D'ya know sometimes when you guys play kinda fast... seems like it ain't go no beat, just ain't got no beat."

Does anyone know what album this version of the song is on. It is before the 90's, because for the life of me i can't find it. Lost gem.

Fight

Last edited by William_the_Bloody; 07-11-2013 at 09:10 PM.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote