Music Banter - View Single Post - Horseburgers
Thread: Horseburgers
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Back in the late 90's there was the big "Mad Cows" scare in the UK with all types of of so-called dodgy meat going into mincemeat, burgers and pies here in the UK. The papers had people believing that they would slowly die if they'd eaten a lot of this stuff in the 1980s and 1990s, I think the overall amount of people that died or died from related type diseases was very minimal and after a short time period, it was practically forgotten by the general public.

Your average kebab and burger bar will be selling the lowest grade meat. Reputable stores should be selling better grade meat, but who knows what they sell us at the end of the day.
The very first cases they didn't know it was cause by Bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Their were a few mysterious cases at the time. I guess the doctors thought they had Alzheimers or at least some related disease, but not all the symptoms matched. Someone peiced together what all the mysterious cases had in common and found what they had in common was roses. The roblem was that a few gardeners using bone ash for their roses. They actually caught it* from coming in contact with the bone ash which had the BSE. *In humans it is called Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease.

In America (at least at the time) any cow that wasn't suitable for market (any sick cow) was turned into the feed, and the cows that ate the contaminated feed were infected. I know what your think Upton Sinclair is spinning in his grave.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote