Music Banter - View Single Post - Dimensions and Their Numerical Progression
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #58 (permalink)
Face
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldPo View Post
Well it does exist. Just because you cannot comprehend it or experience it subjectively does not mean it does not exist.

Acceptance of one's ignorance to everything is the first step to infinite wisdom old chap. Einstein accepted the existance of the fifth dimension. It took a while but he eventually gave his approval to Theodore Kaluza's proposal that the field equations for gravity and light are resolved for our space time when they are calculated at the fifth dimension. The fifth dimension becomes a medium in which to combine Einstein's theory of relativity with Maxwell's theories on electro-magnetism.
Huh.

It exists as a mathematical concept, it lacks empirical confirmation, and has theoretical difficulties.

Gravity waves would go a long way to confirming it's existence, which they hope to observe soon.

Anything beyond that is seems to be speculation. There a lot of different theories counteracting each other, and every single one has a lot of impressive mathematics (and no doubt youtube videos) behind it.

So maybe I was being more accepting of my ignorance when I added it not really existing as being one of the options. Especially when talking about dimensions BEYOND the aforementioned fifth one.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote