Music Banter - View Single Post - I take more comfort in atheism
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #126 (permalink)
Isuldor Nagan
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekn4 View Post
So if you want to find tomorrow's truth you have to look for the people that the consensus are mocking today. Now isn't that a logical way to search for the next step or "truth"
Congrats
No. I'm not saying everyone that the scientific community discredits is wrong, but saying that looking at the laughing stock of communities is DEFINITELY NOT a good way to find the future of fact. For example:

I could attempt to publish a paper detailing how a nudist pixie colony exists on my desk, and that they are in fact, the pixies that created the universe, because they travel backwards in time instead of forwards! They're invisible in all forms of the electromagnetic spectrum, have near-zero mass ( 10^-31 kg), and only chose to make the truth known to me because of my remarkable ability to SEE them. If I tried to publish that kind of paper, I'd get laughed out. And for good reason.

and on the subject of this "First of the planets were lined up you can go on Google Sky and punch in that date."

Planets never all line up. Ever. Not in the lifetime of the universe at least. Sometimes a couple of them do, but its nothing of consequence.
Isuldor Nagan is offline   Reply With Quote