Music Banter - View Single Post - BEST CLASSIC ROCK ALBUM OF THE 80's
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopsych View Post
That's a solid argument. I could add that Escape is more adventurous musically. However, I might lean slightly away from Escape, because I'm not fond of "Open Arms" and "Still They Ride," whereas I like all 5 songs from Frontiers that got much airplay.

Yeah. For the AOR division, that was a highlight. Actually, I think that the Frontiers era was ruined a little by a video game that still is rated among the worst tie ins ever. That says nothing about the music, which still kept the sound alive very well, especially with a stronger lead off single than Escape's "Who's Crying Now" with "Separate Ways," but as they were going into a lot of things that tried to connect with their audience I still look at the whole package for full effect.

Some info on the arcade game that may have spelled the end for Data Age, who presented the Atari game, but found that the Arcade crowd was more picky about what they put their quarters in.

Journey Frontiers Arcade Game
Journey - Videogame by Bally Midway
Journey (1983 video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just to keep things in check for this thread, I already voted for Motorhead's Ace of Spades (1980) as my personal pick a couple of pages back, with AC/DC's Back in Black in a very close #2, but I sometimes like to throw in some good words elsewhere.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote