Music Banter - View Single Post - I need a new Acoustic guitar and need a little help :)
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
shtajiryan
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
Yamahas are really hit or miss, the quality between the same model guitar can vary quite a bit, especially with older models, they are very much a 'try before you buy' guitar.

Like the others have mentioned, I'm not a fan of Ovation guitars. I find their rounded backs make them problematic to play while sitting down as they have a tendency to slip out from underneath you. The model you list is also an acoustic/electric hybrid. Were you planning on plugging into an amp?

The Takamine is a more traditional acoustic, no pickup, and the model I'd personally go for based on what's been discussed in this thread.
I really don't think I'm ever going to plug it in, that's why I'm more on the Takamine side. So basically it's almost settled. I'll do some more research on the topic fore sure and post my new findings here. Thanks all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I wouldn't get an Ovation in the price range you're looking at. The quality isn't there until you get up past the 1k range. Takamine is an excellent choice, also look into Cort acoustics. Thay have some good quality ones for kinda cheap.
I'll look up Cort acoustics! Thanks!
shtajiryan is offline   Reply With Quote