Music Banter - View Single Post - I need a new Acoustic guitar and need a little help :)
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
shtajiryan
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Try the Breedlove ranges. I went through a raft of acoustic guitars buying mine and eventually settled on the Breedlove Passport D20 F/S.

That said, acoustic guitars, more than any other guitar, are very much a personal taste. You NEED to play a few and pick the best, (Even of an individual model, since wood is wood and has varying qualities from piece to piece) otherwise its simply not worth it.
I really cannot play different guitars in my location. Especially Ovation or Breedlove or anything else, we have only cheapass Yamahas. So basically I'll have to go with luck. After all consideration I'm still between Takamine G260C and Ovation CC24. With the information given I guess I'll get the Takamine. What about Fender Acoustics?

And I've read in a few places about a small size of G260C. What could it mean? "The G260C FXC fingerstyle model is a small body instrument that is extremely comfortable to play whether on stage or relaxing in your home." This is said on the official webpage of the Guitar.. Does anyone know what It means?

Last edited by shtajiryan; 01-19-2013 at 05:06 PM.
shtajiryan is offline   Reply With Quote