Music Banter - View Single Post - Advice thread
Thread: Advice thread
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 04:05 AM   #199 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post

With that said, my little sister is absolutely obsessed with One Direction. Like, beyond words, obsessed. She wanted nothing more than tickets to one of their shows for Christmas, and didn't get them; instead my sister decided to get her Maroon 5 tickets, and she's not even all that into Maroon 5.

I'm not trying to one-up my sister or anything, and I know that One Direction aren't going to be her favorite group forever, but...when I was younger, I wanted to see The Spice Girls and Hanson in concert. My mom told me that I'd be glad I didn't go to see them, that I'd be embarrassed when I got older, but that wasn't the case. I still kind of regret not having the opportunity, because I know that they were so cool to me when I was a kid.

Those ****ing tickets are ridiculously expensive. I was thinking about buying her decent seats for the show in either Louisville or Columbus, just so she'd have the experience instead of never getting to see the group. But I really want to go to Los Angeles this year.

Should I give my little sister this awesome experience of getting to see her favorite group, which she could look on with nostalgia for years to come, or should I keep saving for LA, so I can scope it out for a potential move to the city in the next five years?
If you really want to give them to her I say do it.

When I was a kid of that age I was really into Adam & The Ants, they played one gig here and I really wanted to go but my mother couldn't afford the tickets and wasn't keen on me going to a gig at that age anyway, so I missed out and no matter what my taste in music it always disappointed me I never got to go.
Anyway fast forward 30 years and he's playing here again and this time my mother buys tickets for myself, her & my sister to go.

I don't see One Direction touring the U.S. in 30 years time, so I say do it now.
I don't think you ever really forget your first favourite band.

I would say if you're planning on moving away give her something special before you go. If you're not planning on moving there for another 5 years you can always hold off the trip for next year.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote