Music Banter - View Single Post - Rabbiting On: Big Ears' Journal
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #50 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

I'd agree that Hall of the Mountain Grill might well be the finest space rock album ever recorded, I think the reason for its greatness to be the fact that their previous studio effort Doremi Fasol Latido lack the excellence on In Search of Space, so the band I think were determined to release something special as I'm sure they knew they were at their creative peak around this time. Their live album Space Ritual was pure evidence of this as well. Despite all the highly talented individuals with the band, Hawkwind were very much Dave Brock's band in most aspects, like King Crimsons were with Robert Fripp and Jethro Tull were with Ian Anderson. "The Psychedelic Warlords" certainly ranks up there with "Silver Machine" as one of the definitive Hawkwind songs.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote