Music Banter - View Single Post - Notorious B.I.G.
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
Ah geez.

Anyway, Biggie has lines that dedtroy just about anyone's little puns or wordplay to this day, had one of the most distinctive rhyme scheme patterns recognized to this day, and told some of the most vivid stories heard to this day. "Warning" itself, a barely three minute song (including the closing skit thing) is massive, so loaded with imagery and juicy little details - along with incredibly intricate rhyme schemes - he puts a lot of cats (I'm gonna say Em because I hate him) to shame.
I could name about 20-30 rappers off the top of my head that are better lyricists than Biggie.
Here's one for you. How can so many people consider Biggie to be one of the greatest of all time based off of two albums?
Nobody talks about Big Pun or Big L who had the same number of albums, one studio album and one posthumous release being the greatest of all time despite the fact they were both superior MC's to Notorious BIG.
As for his imagery, it's all clichéd as I'd already pointed out, just talk about guns, bitches and pretending to be Al Capone.
It doesn't interest me in the slightest.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote