Music Banter - View Single Post - Notorious B.I.G.
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
Whiskey
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrycaaant View Post
I could name about 20-30 rappers off the top of my head that are better lyricists than Biggie.
Here's one for you. How can so many people consider Biggie to be one of the greatest of all time based off of two albums?
Nobody talks about Big Pun or Big L who had the same number of albums, one studio album and one posthumous release being the greatest of all time despite the fact they were both superior MC's to Notorious BIG.
As for his imagery, it's all clichéd as I'd already pointed out, just talk about guns, bitches and pretending to be Al Capone.
It doesn't interest me in the slightest.
You need to realize that all of what you are saying about Biggie is merely your personal opinion and not permanent facts. I didnt create this thread so I can watch drama floating around about Biggie or something like that. If you dont like Biggie's albums then just say so. No need to be dramatic about it.

Personally I like many more rap artists other than Biggie but I was just curious to know if anyone else likes him. He's not a great lyricist but I like some of his songs, particularly Juicy and Everyday Struggle. They actually have good lyrics too.

A lot of people seem not to care much about his second album,which is a pity since its a great 2 disc album with lots of variety in the songs. And its definitely worth checking out since Biggie's discography is quite small anyway.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote