Music Banter - View Single Post - Notorious B.I.G.
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Biggie has better flow than most. I always felt like BIG made it sound effortless. That has little to do with lyrics, so maybe he gets a pass on that more than he should, but theres something a lot more smooth to me about BIG than most rappers.
Yeah, Biggie had decent flow but it's not the best flow in hip-hop.
The guy was obviously talented, I just don't feel like he ever produced what he was capable of. His albums smacked of gimmick, they contained far too much filler and for every one glimpse of greatness, there were 10 sub-par moments. In my opinion that is.
I also find it interesting, Biggie choose eating at Mcdonalds as his analogy as if he'd never frequented a fast food joint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Thats a good point there man. These subjects are definitely present in so many hip hop albums that it is very predictable what you're going to hear about mostly. Though if you take rappers like Eminem for example, he doesn't really rap about these kind of subjects that you mentioned.
Yeah because Eminem's stale ass crap about bringing his daughter up to have the life he never had and protecting her from the spotlight by talking about her every second line is the very best of hip-hop.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote