Music Banter - View Single Post - The Last Song You'd Want to Listen to...
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
CLOSER
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...so basically you're asking what music would you like played at your own funeral then..." asked the goblin wondering if this wouldn't turn into a very morbid thread indeed, but then adding "...me, it would be Giacomo Puccini's o mio babbino caro, which was played while I watched my step-dad's coffin slip behind the curtains last year, whereas sentiment-wize for myself it would be more like Freelance Whales- Generator 2nd Floor-1 not that I'd play that piece at a funeral, I mean I suppose one is meant to grieve at the time...")
On a completely unrelated note, this could be quite philosophical if we went there. Do you hear the song at your funeral? Aren't you already in the coffin? Is this now a question of how there is an immediate association with your last song being one that marks putting your body under the ground and not the beginning of afterlife? Anyways, I will cut my ramblings off by saying those are two very beautiful choices. For whichever occasion you are talking about, lol.
CLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote