Music Banter - View Single Post - Notorious B.I.G.
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #42 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
1. 99 percent of people only know Big Poppa and Juicy. Secondly he made 2 albums that influenced more artists that most people could in a lifetime. If you dont think thats true just look how many rappers reference Biggie in their music.

2. That is a complete and total guess. You are seriously saying the rap scene is better than it was in the 90's? That is like like a telling a blues fan the golden day is now and the 60's were nothing. Come on man every rappers favorites albums are even from the 90's. Pac, Em, Biggie, Mobb Deep, Del, Dre, Snoop and soooooooo many more that are considered the most influential rap albums of all time.

3. Um much of the good hip hop from the 90's wasnt all about "hoes and bitches" either. And I would say much more of the mainstream today is.
Lol, if 99% people only know two Notorious BIG songs, their opinion on hip-hop as a whole would be rather tainted I would imagine. That'd be like me running into the rock/metal section and saying I know two AC/DC songs, they are undoubtedly the best band ever. Which ironically is the logic being displayed by most in this thread.

Of course it's a guess, no sh*t. Unless you created some sort of alternate reality simulator, how could you answer a hypothetical about what would have happened had someone not died.
Nothing in the last two years has been around long enough to influence anyone yet, the next generation of rappers hasn't been born or are just children right now.
What are you basing it on? It's subjective, I believe the present day is hip-hops true 'golden age' because there are more talented guys out there than ever before. With the exception of Prodigy from Mobb Deep, none of the guys you mentioned are even near the top of the hip-hop totem pole.

Right, so when 2Pac and Notorious BIG had their little feud and continually told each other they were going to kill the other, that wasn't about guns, right?
Or when Biggie sings about being 'Big Poppa' or when him and Puffy get some girl to sing about how great Biggie is in Hypontize, that's not misogynist, that's not about hoes.
When Biggie says 'money, clothes an hoes that's all a ****** knows' that's not about hoes?
When he whitters on in Nigga's Bleed and What's Beef about death by gun crime that's not about guns?
Or, the whole era known as the 'bling' era that was the norm of late 90's rap, I suppose that never encompassed glorifying misogyny or crime.
'Yeah, those were the good old days not like that today'

And Surrell, in my opinion Kendrick Lemar has dropped two better albums than Biggie did, is it legitimate to say he may be one of the best of all time, based off of those two albums?
Death has a funny way of skewing peoples perception, especially music critics. Listen to those two albums and tell me they're honestly as great as you believe.
I'm not Notorious BIG hater, but some of you guys need to jump off his decaying balls, he wasn't that good.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote