Music Banter - View Single Post - A Cry for Consciousness
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
CLOSER
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I think it's worth keeping in mind that this was at an inauguration event. What did Lupe Fiasco think was going to happen? I actually think it's a little hypocritical of him to choose to be a part of an event celebrating a politician that he is opposed to. If he doesn't like the president, by all means he should speak up and criticize him, but he shouldn't also sign-up for the welcome wagon in order to give a boost to his own floundering career.
Your points are compelling, I don't discredit what you are saying.
1. What did he think would happen? Conjecture.... My thoughts are that he thought he would start a fire. Desperate times, desperate measures.
2. If you are opposed to the president, what BETTER way to expose the puppet's futility and corruption.
3. I don't disagree that if he was in little mermaid he would be Flounder for sure... but it was more the audacity that is striking and notable...

If I can redirect, it's the numbness to the outrageous messages bolstered in society, and the outrage to those whose message echoes relevance - that needs to change.
CLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote