Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:18 AM   #1693 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

The thing about this section is that it frees me. It releases the inner chauvinist, lech or whatever you want to call it: the part of me that wants to stare at women's behinds as they walk past, or that rates them as I watch them on the street. Look, we all do it, okay? Just most of us don't want to admit it. That's not to say I don't have the utmost respect for women --- I do, but what we think and what we do are of course two separate things, otherwise a lot of us would be in trouble, if not in jail!

So although I hate this song, particularly the way they used Stevie's “Edge of seventeen” (Yes I know she played on the record/video: doesn't mean I have to like it!), I can't fault the sexiness of it. And of course, it was written and shot to have that effect. I mean, who writes a song called “Bootylicious” and doesn't expect it to turn guys on? In some ways it's a really arrogant song, a total “look-at-me-how-sexy-I-am-aren't-I-gorgeous” that just makes you want to take them one by one across your .... ahem. Anyway, here it is for you to slaver over.
Destiny's Child --- Bootylicious --- 7 out of 10 on Trollheart's “Way-hay!” scale