Music Banter - View Single Post - Vampire Weekend LP3!
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsy View Post
VW has a release date for their new album! (I'm super pumped) Vampire Weekend is one of my favorite bands and they were my gateway band to the *indie* genre. So, they will always have a soft spot in my heart.

It hasn't been titled yet but the release date(s) is May 6/7. According to an interview with Koeing it is a "much darker and more organic" album.

“It really does feel like the third chapter in a book,” Koenig told Q. ”We created some characters on the first record, some of which are real people, some of which are ourselves, so it’s not hard to keep following them and see what their concerns are now and how their lives have changed.”

Genuinely excited for this album and (eeek) tour.

--If there is a thread for VW elsewhere I couldn't find it.
This would be considered one of those bands that I keep in the closet for the most part but I really dug the last album. I know its simplistic pop with ska induced chords bit I find myself really enjoying their music. I'll be sure to check out the new one and hope they certainly do create a different sounding album then the last. Its just good fun music to throw on at parties and have a good time to.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote