Music Banter - View Single Post - Rhapsody Of Fire / Symphonic Power Metal
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Whiskey
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Dude, they made not one, but two concept albums that I know about about a fantasy epic that they invented. That's pretty D&D. Not that that's a bad thing. I love me some cheese metal. I've never listened to as much Rhapsody as I should have, but they've definitely got some good shiznit. Do you listen to other power metal as well? I'm pretty obsessed with Hammerfall and Manowar right now, but I could also go for some Blind Guardian or some Helloween or even some Angra just to name a few.
I used to listen to Stratovarius, but got bored of their music. I like Rhapsody much more because their music is more dramatic and energetic and I like these kind of things. Ive never heard Hammerfall and Manowar so if you know about a good song of these bands, feel free to post it and I'll check it out and let you know if I like it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I've been getting into this band recently

but there are a hundred thousand bands that do the same thing, some better, some not. I personally love Kamelot too, though many/most here will spit on my grave for it!
One of their better tracks
I checked out both of these songs right now, I dislike the first one mostly because of the vocalist's shrieking voice. The second one was much better. However, I only listened to the first 2 minutes or so of both songs, as I dont have much time to sit and listen to it until the end. But that Kamelot band, Ive never heard them before and that song was pretty good so I might check this band out a bit further sometime.

Thanks in general for replying guys, I got a few bad comments from people mocking me because I listen to Rhapsody.

Last edited by Whiskey; 01-23-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote