Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Pet Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #925 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Very nice cat you have man. Do you let him lay there near your arm for a long time or it was merely so you can take a picture of him?
I don't really have a choice in the matter.
Although I have changed the setup of my computer desk and peripherals, the cat will simply occupy my lap while I am sitting. If I get up, he will follow me to wherever it is I go. If I don't pet him during this time, he will meow incessantly.

Personally, I'm ok with him as long as he's not meowing and moving around beneath me, expecting things from me. I prefer him to simply be curled up sleeping by my feet or something, which makes up the time he's not nagging me or jumping on me.
At 5 PM every day, I give him his bit of soft cat food, which he is spoiled for now, and I cannot stop doing that, because if I do, he makes my life miserable, thus, I have to bend to his will.

He does like to sleep in my bed with me, although he generally likes to sleep on the floor from around 3-6 AM, and when my alarm rings at 6:20, he's up and rubbing all over me, licking me, and purring so loudly I probably didn't need an alarm to begin with.
Then he'll follow me to the shower, but FORCES me to turn the sink faucet on for him to drink while I take a shower, otherwise I would never hear the end of it.

He's actually jumped into the shower with me a couple times when I didn't turn the faucet on for him. I don't know what he was trying to prove for those brief seconds, but it certainly made an impression on me, as I do not want cats in my shower while I am trying to become clean.

Anyway, he's a total dependent now.
I can't imagine a dog being more dependent than this cat. He literally sits in the window and meows until I come home from work, interrupted by periods of sleep and eating/sh*tting. I have had this confirmed by my flatmate. The damn cat practically loves me.

It's nice and all, but it really sucks when you just want to not be bothered. I guess the only difference between this cat and an actual child is I can't simply shut my door and bear the noise.

When I buy my house, I will have no pets.
Sorry, but that's that.