Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Pet Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #928 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Not that I have anything against cats, but this is pretty much the main reason why I have a rabbit and not a cat. A rabbit is quiet and gentle and can be put into a cage easily, while a cat is obviously not the kind of animal you can put in a cage, its dependent, and it can be pretty annoying at times because of that. So instead of having no pets at all, you can just get a rabbit and put it in a cage. Much easier.

Again though, I have nothing against cats.
While I agree with the logic there, my whole reason for having a pet is for something I can interact with that's an animal and is dynamic. While I get annoyed by the **** my cat does sometimes, it's balanced out by the positive aspects. I don't know if I would feel right about having a pet that I simply caged away until I felt like interacting with it.
Ultimately, there are upsides and downsides to this, but I think the main reason that my next home will not contain any cats (at least long haired ones) is the fact that there is so much hair everywhere that I actually have to include in my monthly budget lent rollers and excessive vacuum bags.

I just want to live a life where I can wear a black sweater to work without going through half a lent roller, then another one just to get out of my car. I work in a professional environment. Appearing as though I have worn a cat to work is not conducive to this kind of business relationship. lol.