Music Banter - View Single Post - Skrillex - BANGARANG
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
ProfessorDoxus
Groupie

Post Skrillex - BANGARANG

(Hey, new here, so I thought I would do this, constructive criticism is appreciated)

BANGARANG, by Skrillex, features fast-paced Higher range-Bass dub sounds that, while are exemplary of popular Dubstep ( i.e. Flux Pavilion/Nero) with drops that lead onto fast samples, also pander to the same popular version of Dubstep that it (the album) has. The songs Right In and Bangarang feature, as I said, fast-paced samples. The drums are, however, exemplary of the rest of the sound and music, if not repetitive among. Other tracks, like Right on Time and Breakin' a Sweat feature less "Dub Bass" and offer an alternative. These tracks also remind us of Skrillex's versatility, that he isn't tied to the sounds and can explore alternative genres, as proven with his latest few tracks Leaving EP which explore the heavier dub-garage sides of Electronica. Bangarang, if I had to give it a rating based off of numerical value, I would give it a 6 - 7.5 out of 10, because of the "sameness" of the beats and the sound of the bass. I had mixed feelings about this review, but after examining the music, these are my opinions.

*NOTE: Skrillex is a great artist, but this is my basic opinion of this album

~Dox
ProfessorDoxus is offline   Reply With Quote