Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #11003 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

I'm just going to compile a few things that have been annoying me lately.

- People that sign up and ask technical questions on websites so they can troubleshoot an issue, and then respond at some point with "OH NEVERMIND, I FIXED IT!!! THANKS ANYWAY!" then leave the entire internet having never considered the possibility that someone else in the world may be having the same issue, and have only come across the same ass holes who didn't actually post what fixed their issue, and therefore must create another identical question all because the idiot that accidentally stumbled upon a solution decided not to actually say what they did to fix the problem.

Those kinds of people piss me off because they are the epitome of selfishness. They appeal to others for help, yet when they are in the grasp of a solution, they pretty much pull the big breaker down labeled "Personal needs: Up for yes, down for no", then walk away never even considering that they may have never needed to ask if people like them weren't so f*cking prevalent and actually said what they did to fix their problem.

I dunno, I'm not saying people are required to be decent human beings or anything. I'm just saying that it's probably to their own benefit that they at least extricate their heads from their asses to such a degree as to get even a small glimpse of what actually goes on outside their little bubble of desires and self-placation. The key factor being that such an activity might actually benefit them, which should even appeal to the most selfish ass holes out there.

- Drivers. I cannot stress this enough... Being stopped at a red light is not simply a designated "do other stuff inside your car that makes you totally forget you're at a stop light". If you can't handle the very simple activity of being able to focus on basic road priorities while you do whatever it is that's more important than life itself down at your feet where you seem to always be reaching, you should not be behind the f*cking wheel.
In fact, I think that you should simply be given a kiddy pool with many items in it, and a steering wheel, and then you can fulfill your dreams of doing sh*t other than actually driving, while simultaneously not ruining the day of the pool behind you, since it cannot move, via having no wheels, because pools generally don't have wheels.

- Speaking of driving, when you are the first person at a stop light and it turns green, even if you are paying full attention, if you do not immediately accelerate to a high degree of speed, you are an ass hole. Why? Because since you only care that YOU will make it through the light, and then the guy behind you also only cares that HE will make it through the light, and the guy behind him only cares that HE will make it through, etc., the natural progression equals the most prudent drivers being at the back of the line, which is ass backwards. You should look at green lights as a race. Not because you will pass them, but because your fellow man can pass them as well.
Commuting as much as I do, I can say with certainty that the majority of people simply give zero f*cks about anyone other than themselves while on the road.
And I'd be willing to venture a guess that if this weren't the case, we'd have a lot less accidents and/or a lot less people pissed off at people like you.

- People that can't think outside of themselves piss me off.
My roommate (who is also my little sister) is one example. I don't know if it's due to lack of intelligence or just not giving a sh*t, but she apparently thinks that when a door is closed, absolutely no sound in the universe can pass through it. Perhaps she doesn't understand the nature of sound and how it travels. I can't even get her to learn how to cook rice, so I doubt venturing into the subject of how sound works would be fruitful.

Get this.
I have to leave my room door open a little because the cat can't stand not being in the same room as me, and if I close the door he'll just cry loudly and wake me up when I'm trying to sleep. So, because my sister works odd hours, and I work regular hours, there are some times when she's up far later/earlier than I am. Her solution to stopping kitchen noise when she thinks I'm sleeping is to close my door.
That's all well and good, but since apparently she doesn't understand the concept of how door knobs work, she simply pulls the door shut, which ends up with the springed latch loudly slamming into its jamb. I literally had to blow her mind by showing her that if she turned the knob, the latch would retract, then she could slowly close the door, then slowly release the knob so that the latch would extend into the jamb.

To me, this didn't seem like rocket science. I don't know about you guys. Maybe I'm just a f*cking genius. But I doubt it. Anyway, she now knows how to close a door quietly. But she still apparently doesn't realize that sounds are totally capable of passing through ****ty apartment room doors. So the excessive banging around in the kitchen thing, I guess, will have to be addressed by putting her in my room, closing the door, then performing kitchen operations so she can understand how loud they are.

The fact that I even have to go that far pisses me off. Why don't people just know this stuff via living life. She's almost 30 years old. There is no excuse for an almost 30 year old to not know how door knobs and sound works.

So yea, that's what's been pissing me off lately.
It feels good to just type it. I try not to insult my sister to her face out of this general "not being a total dick" stance I tend to take with real people in my life. Instead I just agonize internally about why she does things that make no f*cking sense.

End.