Music Banter - View Single Post - No matter how many times I watch him do it...
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I never even considered it as playable on a guitar with any justice. If you ever record yourself, you gotta share it. (or some classical guitarists you think did it well so I don't have to go searching!)
I don't know, I usually go through youtube looking at different version, but I will go with Julian Bream, since he is one of the top classical guitar players. It's transcribe to D for guitar. Something about a live recording of a classical guitar thins out the sound of a classical guitar. This recording isn't too bad, there is a glitch in it. The second video is Prelude in C, a similar piece. I think there is better bass response being recorded in a studio. Chirstopher Parkening is one of my favorites and I find his interpretations to be very expressive.

Julian Bream; Bach Prelude in D .

Christopher Parkening - Bach: Prelude No. 1 in C major BWV 846

Jacques Bono, you think since he went all out to rent a tux he could afford to get shoes as well. His verison lacks dynamics, and it's not expressive - he plays it fast and furious. It's still amazing to watch.

.Bach Cello Suite 1 Prelude BWV1007 Bono Bass Solo .

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote