Music Banter - View Single Post - Notorious B.I.G.
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #49 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
And Surrell, in my opinion Kendrick Lemar has dropped two better albums than Biggie did, is it legitimate to say he may be one of the best of all time, based off of those two albums?
It's never a legitimate claim because Kendrick Lamaar can't even top Ghostface's worst albums, or Gucci Mane's best. If that last part was a little hard to swallow, see Lil Wayne.

Ok, that's not a fair claim because I didn't hear .80 but good kid was drawn out enough to be two albums if you ask me.

Quote:
Death has a funny way of skewing peoples perception, especially music critics. Listen to those two albums and tell me they're honestly as great as you believe.
OF course, and I always like to keep this in mind when someone like these guys, Nirvana, or the Beatles (since their group was halted all prematurely and shit) are up for debate.

But I can tell you, having listened fairly closely to Pac and BIG (even BIG's not my absolute favorite), the former was not a great lyricist, and BIG was, and even when he wasn't he had idiosyncratic talents that no one else (or at least not many) could touch, that i've mentioned already. Great rappers - especially east coast - will tell you how great an impact he had on their music, as contemporaries, and it can be heard. But influence aside, Biggie was commanding, versatile (at least in tone), and an all around great MC. Honestly, Kendrick Lamaar would be similar for me if his lyrical content wasn't so whack.

Quote:
I'm not Notorious BIG hater, but some of you guys need to jump off his decaying balls, he wasn't that good.
He's sure as hell a lot better than a lot of the rappers I see get accolades now, and those guys know they owe him big.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote