Music Banter - View Single Post - Notorious B.I.G.
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #50 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
Lol, if 99% people only know two Notorious BIG songs, their opinion on hip-hop as a whole would be rather tainted I would imagine. That'd be like me running into the rock/metal section and saying I know two AC/DC songs, they are undoubtedly the best band ever. Which ironically is the logic being displayed by most in this thread.

Of course it's a guess, no sh*t. Unless you created some sort of alternate reality simulator, how could you answer a hypothetical about what would have happened had someone not died.
Nothing in the last two years has been around long enough to influence anyone yet, the next generation of rappers hasn't been born or are just children right now.
What are you basing it on? It's subjective, I believe the present day is hip-hops true 'golden age' because there are more talented guys out there than ever before. With the exception of Prodigy from Mobb Deep, none of the guys you mentioned are even near the top of the hip-hop totem pole.

Right, so when 2Pac and Notorious BIG had their little feud and continually told each other they were going to kill the other, that wasn't about guns, right?
Or when Biggie sings about being 'Big Poppa' or when him and Puffy get some girl to sing about how great Biggie is in Hypontize, that's not misogynist, that's not about hoes.
When Biggie says 'money, clothes an hoes that's all a ****** knows' that's not about hoes?
When he whitters on in Nigga's Bleed and What's Beef about death by gun crime that's not about guns?
Or, the whole era known as the 'bling' era that was the norm of late 90's rap, I suppose that never encompassed glorifying misogyny or crime.
'Yeah, those were the good old days not like that today'

And Surrell, in my opinion Kendrick Lemar has dropped two better albums than Biggie did, is it legitimate to say he may be one of the best of all time, based off of those two albums?
Death has a funny way of skewing peoples perception, especially music critics. Listen to those two albums and tell me they're honestly as great as you believe.
I'm not Notorious BIG hater, but some of you guys need to jump off his decaying balls, he wasn't that good.
1. Your avatars too jolly for your attitude.

2. I'll verb however I want on whoevers balls I want. Alive, Dead, Undead, Uber Alive, ect.

3. A lot of the people you like I think are ****. Then some others are just factually ****.

4. (serious point) By the criteria you're using, many artists, beyond the realm of rap/hip hop would be ****. Biggie seems to me to be the singer/songwriters rapper. Which is not to make the comparison, but he's coming at the art form in the same fashion.

Admittedly rap wasn't as well refined in 1992 as rock or folk, and many conventional trappings that would limit the genre in a 1-to-1 comparison, but ultimately its the same ethos that drives the creation.

Its ok to admit you don't know what you're talking about Manky - you got mad at fanbois and overreached. We've all been there. Feel free to PM me your apology.