Music Banter - View Single Post - What do you eat for breakfast?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #95 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Congratulations for being the very first serious, relevant, and detailed reply in this thread.
Yeay! Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
Heated up my falafel from the other day and drowned it in tahini sauce for breakfast. Not bad all things considered.
I love the taste of falafel and tahini! That would be a great breakfast, especially with some diced cucumber to give a cool, crunchy taste. (I am hungry and I can't eat for around 8 hours! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Well I live near Palestinian villages and they eat these kind of things on a daily basis. They tend to put it in small boxes and eat it quickly with pita before going to work. Pita is a kind of round bread that is often eaten with Hummus by the way. And hummus is....hmm, sorry, cant explain every single thing!
The plant-based Mediterranean foods I've eaten have always been very tasty and have the added benefit of being so healthful. I didn't realize people in Palestine eat falafel in the morning. Yum.

I've been thinking of whipping up a variation of hummus for breakfast. I plan to boil a giant pot of garbanzo beans, then blend some of the cooked beans with just a little bit of tahini, lemon juice, canola oil and salt so that it doesn't have as much fat as regular hummus. I have problems with garlic, unfortunately, so I'd have to leave it out.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote