Music Banter - View Single Post - Uk Grime
Thread: Uk Grime
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:30 AM   #76 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
The Set
Random Impulse and Rinse (DJ - Logan Sama): Both display very hectic yet articulate styles (to call them 'hype' would merely denote simplistic rave/clash bars); with a lyrical depth and satire on the 'gun talk'-dominated grime scene not often heard. Both are from the collective G-Fam, Impulse's last mixtape 'Full Metal Alchemist' was amazing and Rinse's debut 'Attack of the Nerds' will, I predict, have reach beyond the grimeheads later this year.
Rinse is absolutely brilliant, seriously talented as an MC, his cameo on the Westwood shows (both with Dot Rotten) were excellent. Had to laugh at this bit though. It's five years late and it's not coming out. Welcome to Grime.

He promised me an interview a while back, and I've been hassling him for info about what he's been doing, but he didn't want to answer any music related questions, which would have made for a pretty boring interview, so I declined. This was around 2010-ish, he was performing at Leeds festival that year. He said he wanted to get it out as soon as possible and I know it was all fresh material other than 'Put Em Up' so the music is definitely there. He also had a feature on Professor Green's album and also Wiley's 'Elusive' album, on the track with Mike Skinner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmeNlwBahjo

I have the official CDQ of 'Put Em Up' and also 'A Little Darker', which I'll upload to Youtube now, although it is mixed. It's still CDQ though.

EDIT - here:

Last edited by Cuthbert; 01-28-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote