Music Banter - View Single Post - The Worst Possible Movie Thing Has Happened
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #93 (permalink)
Cinnamonics
Music Addict

I have to agree with the Batlord, Revenge of the Sith is the worst Star Wars movie, without a doubt. I don't much like the first two prequels either, but at least they were entertaining enough if you disregarded the existence of the original trilogy. Revenge of the Sith, on the other hand, has the least rewarding plot development and most horrible acting I've ever witnessed outside of....well, Japanese fake snuff movies! Hayden is the definition of bad acting, even when he doesn't say a word. I'm sure you remember how he tried to look all dark and serious and badass with his Stare™, just to end up looking like a petulant boy who just got grounded by his mom for coming home an hour too late one evening. Plotwise, in my mind, the worst single offense is how they somehow managed to trivialize the killing of the Jedi children. That scene should be dark as hell, horrible and gut-wrenching, but with the way it was directed, all I could muster was a tiny "meh...". I still get annoyed when I think about it in detail, so I'll stop.

On the other hand, I'm optimistic about Disney being responsible for the Star Wars movies from now on. They have made a lot of quality movies, if not stunning ones. J.J. Abrams isn't exactly my favourite director, though. Sure, Star Trek was rather good, but it also had precious little to do with the Star Trek TV shows, stylewise. It was a good action movie, but it wasn't really a Star Trek movie, if you catch my meaning. But times change, and so does the demand of moviegoers, I suppose. In any case, at the very least, there is NO WAY the next Star Wars movie can be worse than Revenge of the Sith.
Cinnamonics is offline   Reply With Quote