Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #4543 (permalink)
Cinnamonics
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
so far i feel his books are growers....just stick with it and by the end it's all worth is

that being said

i just finished The Great Hunt and plan on diving into the Dragon Reborn tonight
What is that cover!? It's a thousand times better than any of the original ones! Whatever artist was responsible for those can go...erm....disappear! Anyway, I'm currently reading the very last book of The Wheel of Time and I'm having a blast. Quite addicted, actually, and it'll be nice to finally be able to finish this series, roughly 14 years after I first started reading it. True, some books in this series are not that great (though I'd say book 10 is the only BAD one), but as a whole it is one of the best book series out there, and Brian Sanderson involvement to finish the series was a stroke of genius, as he really does the setting and world justice. I'm roughly 80% finished with the last book, and...aaargh, the feelings I have for this series is so strong, having followed the characters for so many years. I hope the people currently reading the first few books can get something out of it. "The Eye of the World" was the book that made me start reading book again, after a 4-5 year break in my teenage years, and I've enjoyed fantasy and sci-fi ever since.
Cinnamonics is offline   Reply With Quote