Music Banter - View Single Post - Best of 80s synth pop
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #164 (permalink)
Body Boy
Groupie

Hey everybody. Just joined the forum because I found this thread through google. Haha.

Interesting opinions and output all around.
On Spandau Ballet, I must admit that I couldn't get into the "True" album. But I love their debut, especially the track 'The Freeze'.

Oh, I didn't even know there was a video to go with it.

Depeche Mode and Pet Shop Boys are of course the mainstream amazements of the genre. Personally, I don't think anything after Violator matches the wonderful first seven albums. Broken Frame is criminally underrated, and I consider S&S, GR, BC and V to be their best work.

For some relatively lesser known bands, one of my faves HAS to be Pseudo Echo from Australia. I found them through Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985) when their song 'His Eyes' was playing during the death scene punk character Violet. It's excellent. Turns out, their 1984 and 1985 albums are both to die for. Here are two from their debut, Autumnal Park:

Pseudo Echo - His Eyes

Pseudo Echo - Walk Away

Surprised that nobody has mentioned The Twins from Germany. Their first four albums (1981-1985) were cheesy but strong.

The Twins - X-Ray Eyes

The Twins - Love System

The Twins - Love in the Dark

There were many to choose from... did not even realize that I chose two 'love' titled songs. Heh.

I'll return later with more, but I'll end with a Slovenian band. Slovene language goes very well with this type of music. And Videosex does proves this:

Videosex - Detektivska Prica

Their first two albums are good, specifically their first. One day I'll try out their third.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote