Music Banter - View Single Post - Racist* woman gets punched on UK train (tube)
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #117 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

le lol, if any of you guys want to read up on the history of Indians/American Indians/Native Americans/First Nation/extras-from-Dances-with-wolves-people, here are some good books on the subject I'd recommend:

White Devil - this is a light read, but it uses enough historical personal anecdotes to put early relations in context

Europe & The People Without History - the touchstone Marxist book on the subject

The Conquest of America - post-modern neologisms appear with alarming frequency, but it is still fairly readable.

I'm feeling rather lazy, but if you want to delve into a free source on the subject the discussions which took place between the American Indian Movement & Marxists/Maoists can be informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
It's more offensive because Americans killed the vast majority of the native population either intentionally or through accident and then proceeded to take every piece of land that took our fancy without the slightest consideration for them, except how best to remove them from said land. We were just kinda jerks to the Irish back in the day. And now the Irish are just as integrated into society as any other group, whereas the Native Americans are still **** upon to this very day and are living on reservations with little to no economic opportunities and no natural resources. So yeah, I'd say Americans making light of the suffering of Native Americans is a bit more offensive than doing it to the Irish.
This is one massive pop culture stereotype of both the history of Indians & their current living conditions.