Music Banter - View Single Post - whats better? downloading or buying cd's?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #69 (permalink)
GoreFang
Groupie

I HATE physical media...

However, I do Love the fact of "owning" a digital MP3 that only exists in 1's and 0's emulated by pulse of electricity passing through Circuits..

That being said, local pawn shops wont even buy CD's anymore, The local mom and pop music store of trading is being killed by blah blah anti walmart blah blah blah etc.

Its the way of the future, And unfortunately the modern day equivalent to the nostalgic <keep in mind i'm born in 86> 1970's stoner "dazed and confused" style sitting in front of the stereo on acid while using DJ style huge headphones is dead.

And to compare we are given our own burnt cd's etc. No longer do you have to wait for that song to come on the radio to copy it with a tape that you used tape to cover that one little plug hole.

Its got its ups and downs, Personally i prefer Mp3's and a perosnal music server computer hooked up to some massive gehhto blasters pumping out screaming power metal.

And the clutter.....

OMG THE CLUTTER.... I had a bookshelf full of DVD's for example top to bottom 8 foot tall about 4 ft across Bookshelf... And you know what? Throw away all those dvd cases throw the bitches in binder dvd holders and you condensed what would take up 8ft of space into 4 inches..

I moved and to move my entire DVD collection took 5 mcd's fry boxes of just DVD's... Christ.. And at some point it will wind up in a landfill... if not until your dead, it will wind up there one day. Causing more pollution waste etc. etc. turn south Africa into a land of computer waste and battery acid lakes blah blah blah.

If i were the person to "steal" music on the net, I must say at least thanks to those of you who buy music. If i had the money i'd buy every single song that i have in my mp3 collection. Thanks to you legit buyers that keep the evil capitalistic whatever alive.

Sir... the peasants they are.. revolting... What else is new?

Last edited by GoreFang; 01-29-2013 at 03:45 PM.
GoreFang is offline   Reply With Quote