Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #11040 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I know this sounds nit picky, but it's one of my biggest pet peeves when I see the hand salute done wrong. Usually it pisses me off most in a movie though. I went to military school for two years, and I've given more salutes than I care to count, and I still know perfectly well how to properly do one. You don't stick your hand in front of your face. Your middle finger should just touch the end of your right eye brow, and for the love of god, if you bend your wrist, you should be shot. I won't even waste time on anyone who would salute with their left hand. Again, this might all be nit picky, but when I'm watching a movie and I see this (which happens in the vast majority of movies depicting the military) it just completely takes me out of the movie and reminds me that I'm watching an actor who has no earthly idea how to do a proper hand salute and obviously didn't care enough to learn.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote