Music Banter - View Single Post - The Worst Possible Movie Thing Has Happened
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #120 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
I'm assuming at this moment, it's showing that it wasn't actually affecting him, he was acting like it was so Windu would stand down, only for Sidius to catch him with his guard down. I don't think it was really hurting him, it was just revealing his face underneath.
Yeah, that's more what I lean towards as well. He was a human looking guy at one point, tough. If you are a giant Star Wars nerd like me, you should check out the book Darth Plagueis. It's one of the better expanded universe books and tells the story Palpatine described to Anakin about how he was murdered in his sleep (if you didn't guess...that was him that did it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
lol. Yes, I've watched Return of the Jedi countless times and I think his performances in both that and Revenge of the Sith were fantastic. It makes sense that the character would be more toned down in RotJ, he's been in power for many years at that point and has no need to be directly aggressive, not to mention the fact that he's simply a much older person.
I can see your reasoning there, but you can be aggressive without being cartoonish. Maybe it was his performance plus a cartoony Yoda fight that just took it over the top for me.

But I'll still agree he gave one of the better performances out of the rest of the cast.