Music Banter - View Single Post - The great hardcore/punk countdown
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #181 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

79. Discharge Genre (Hardcore/D beat) Stoke on Trent Uk, era 80's &

Lobotomia Genre (Hardcore/Crossover Thrash) Brazil, era 80's

Discharge:

Whenever you low ball one of the greats you usually have to provide some sort of explanation. I did put Discharge in the top 100, but for many this band should probably be in the top 20 considering the influence they had on bands like Metallica , Anthrax and the thrash metal scene in general. I do however have a good explanation that goes beyond saying I'm not a huge fan of their sound.

One notable difference between underground bands & mainstream bands is that the former is often plagued with line up changes, and when you lose a key member of your band, the chances of continuing as something legendary are often stacked against you. This is what happened with Discharge after Tony Bones left to form his own band, although Cal was important, it was Tony Bones who was really the matrix of the groups sound, and in my opinion, he is one of the better hardcore guitarist out there. It's a shame he left because afterwards he began to pursue a more aggressive grinding guitar sound, together he and Cal could have produced wonders, but they spit, and so here they sit well below GBH & the Exploited.

Protest & Survive

State Violence-State Control

Free Speech For The Dumb

Lobotomia

Lobotomia was a band from Brazil that was intitially inspired by early British hardcore, but eventually switched over to crossover thrash. I quite like them more than Ratos de Porao, and they released a new album a while back that doesn't sound too bad, I can't get individual tracks for upload though.

Só os Mortos Não Reclamam

Donos do Sistema / Mosh To Die

The More I See

Last edited by William_the_Bloody; 07-24-2013 at 04:47 PM.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote