Music Banter - View Single Post - Foodbox (Food & Recipes)
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #422 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Ramen Noodle

For many, ramen noodle is the food you eat when you're either too poor to afford other food or too lazy to cook something else (if you even cook it at all). While this stigma is wholly deserved and we should look down on the college students who subsist off it with the utmost contempt, by adding a few simple ingredients you can transform your shame soup into something to be posted about on music forums.

Here's what you'll need

Vegetables - I often use carrots, celery, corn, and mushrooms
Two Packets of Ramen
1 to 2 Hot Peppers - Again I'll leave this to your personal preference, I usually use jalapenos or pickled banana peppers
Meat - I usually use pork because pork is amazing and cheap

Start by seasoning your meat with whatever you want. I tried this 5 Spice thing and it came out alright, but I think next time I'll go back to using your basic salt/pepper and lime (for pork at least). Heat up a skillet and start cooking the meat until brown on both sides (cooked fully through if you're cooking pork or chicken for health reasons).

While your meat is cooking, start chopping up your vegetables. I usually do mine at a 45 degree angle cut because it looks badass (much like holding a handgun sideways when you cap some punkass bitch). As with much Asian cooking, you'll want your cuts to be small, as this helps the vegetables cook faster while boiling, if you haven't already gotten your water or stock boiling, you'll want to do this now.

Your meat should be cooked through by now so take it off the skillet and start chopping it up into squares or longer strips, your preference. Once the water starts boiling add your noodles, add the MSG loaded flavor packets, your veggies, and your meat then go crack a cold one and head off for a wank (wash up afterwards for gods sake).

Stir occasionally to make sure the noodles don't congeale into one delicious lump, and when they're soft and your veggies are cooked, enjoy your cheap meal you sad bastard.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote