Music Banter - View Single Post - The great hardcore/punk countdown
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #186 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
^yep

1993 hanging out with my ex Michelle...she introduce me to here current boyfriend Eric Prater.....we chatted for a bit and he asked me if i like hardcore music....i stated of course and named of Helmet and Jesus Lizard.....he looked at me and handed me two albums saying "you have no idea what hardcore is. listen to these" one album was Uniform Choice's Screaming For Change and the other was Gorilla Biscuits's Start Today.....that horn into still puts me in a frenzy
Uniform Choice was a revelation. I gotta say I'd have Discharge in my top ten easy. That snap crackle pop guitar sound, the earth shattering vocals and the amazing energy of their music was very powerful. More then any other d-beat band less Doom, Discharge really created something different and new, the way bands like Extreme Noise Terror did also. One of my favorite punk rock bands in general. Why is one of those albums that comes along that just bashes your head in and makes you see music in a different light. Interested to see where this thread goes also, WTB has done one hell of a good job even if Chaos UK and Discharge should be higher up in my opinion. Great thread.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote