Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #4221 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
I was genuinely happy to see him go. I've hoped he would from the day he moved to the Premiership. I suppose that for a brief period he was slightly entertaining but in my opinion it didn't take long to realise he wasn't "mad", he was just a dick.
Yes, that's right. The vast majority of his antics were made up by City fans. They don't call them 'the liars' for nothing. I did not see the hype over Balotelli at all tbh, the only thing he ever did that I laughed at was the backheel in pre-season. He didn't look all that impressive when I watched him play either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Seems a few other clubs were interested, and I like his attitude, but surely someone older/more experienced is what we need? Still, better than nothing...

BBC Sport - Yacouba Sylla: Aston Villa sign Clermont Foot midfielder
That's what I was hoping for mate. And by hope I mean, not expecting anything.

This lad is saying all the right things though:

Quote:
"I can't wait to fight for the club and help the club to climb the table. I will be very proud when I put on the shirt and play my first game," he said.
"My first task will be to integrate myself with my new team-mates and to help those around me to grow and to build with them a strong team. I'm thrilled to be part of this."

If you look at the table, we have the worst form. If Lambert can somehow instill some confidence into the young players then it can be turned around. We were doing OK up until the 8-0.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote