Music Banter - View Single Post - Alice Cooper
Thread: Alice Cooper
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:56 PM   #76 (permalink)
neardeathexperience
Music Addict

Please post ur views on Alice Cooper, but also give a reason!
Dont just say "oh, he's crap!" or "he's ace" coz that is hardly an opinion!

Thanx
[/QUOTE]

Sadly you were born about 35 years too late. As a person who has seen Alice Cooper 15 times I feel it my obligation as a lifer to tell you a bit about my concert experiences.
First off I would like to say Love It To Death got me hooked on Alice. He was well unique and their band kicked ass and just when I thought it could not get any better they brought out Killer a even better more hard rock sounding album. Well me and my friends lapped that up for months and then Schools Out arrived. It took my off guard with the horns and instrumental parts and the back ground fight effects. It all became crystal clear on Labour day.
What a cruel trick the ALICE COOPER TOUR stops by a day prior to school returning. The show started with a band called Ten Years After a British band followed by an American band called Grand Funk. Wow that was exciting and finally as dark set in Alice took the stage! Yes he brought the live snake along and sang a few songs off Killer and Love It To Death but my God the Schools Out songs were a stunning backdrop to the show he put on. Complete with a street fight etc. The show ended in true Cooper style top hat and cane breaking huge balloons filled with confetti.....That was the first time I saw him.

Part 2 Billion Dollar Babies twice! Yes I was totally hooked. Those white satin suits and Neils huge sequin drum set was breath taking. Along with Alice and those thigh high boots! Yes once again this was a full out stage show. Right from him chasing a tooth around the stage while carrying a 6ft tooth brush to him getting his teeth drilled out. It was bigger and better then his School's Out show and when leaving you knew he gave you every pennies worth that you spent to see him.
The next show we saw was a strange one because the transport trucks got stuck in a snow storm so the guys decorated the stage with a Christmas tree and presents. The band was dressed in Sailor suits and it was the band's Muscle Of Love Tour! Are seats were actually behind the stage to the side and we had brought one of those long rubber chickens that you could buy at a Stag Shop and I threw it on stage and Alice picked it up looked at it and then kicked it across the stage ( a true story) The songs were all there and it was once again a classic Cooper evening.

The next show was perhaps one of the most anticipated tours that year. Alice Cooper's Welcome To My Nightmare! The stage props were unbelievable. Alice wore his red outfit and pranced about the stage. It was a real stage show complete with dancers, monsters and huge spiders! This was a BIG DEAL the blending of Alice Cooper's music and stage actors. The Cold Ethel song was crazy as Alice pulled the dummy out of the fridge and danced about with her! I saw the show twice and the second night I stood at the front of the stage and you could see the stubble on Alice's face we were so close.
Yet another night of your monies worth!

So you get the general idea. Other shows attended included I think Alice Cooper Goes To Hell (can't remember ) Then there was Whiskey And Lace, From The Inside Out, Constrictor, Special Forces, Temptation, Alice Cooper with Scorpions, Psycho, and so on.....
I would like to close by stating Alice Cooper puts on one of the best shows that I have ever seen and I have seen about 400 concerts! He is the ultimate showman showing you a sad, pathetic character, followed by a dangerous killer, lover, prankster, cool guy, the beauty of Alice is he keeps you guessing right till the lights come back on......
neardeathexperience is offline   Reply With Quote