Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 PM   #4746 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric generic View Post
I'm about to do acid for the first time. How would you guys compare it to shrooms?
Acid has always felt more electric to me. It's a hard way to describe it coherently, but the body feeling isn't as organic and gravity-prone as shrooms tend to be. Acid also doesn't make me yawn and fart constantly. Acid does, however, have more of a tendency to make my muscles feel tight and constrained toward the tail end of the trip. As for the head end, I always got way more of a rush off acid than shrooms.

As far as the visual aspect, acid and shrooms both have intensities that depend on doseage. The closed-eye-visuals on acid will be different, and more fractal and geometric than with shrooms. Open eyed will have an overlay with both. With distortion visuals, I think acid has more of a tendency to live in the periphery in most of its intensity, and center on where you're focusing in a decreasing intensity, as a gradient. Of course, if you take high doses of either, you can't escape from everything you look at being manipulated to a great degree.
Overall, I like acid for its more electrical effects, like the way light plays on edges in different colors, but in shrooms, I enjoy the way light distorts the actual dimensions of the room in such a way as, for instance, you can be sitting in your dark room watching a movie, and feel like you're in a theater.

As far as the mental aspect, this is more dependent on the person and the doseage, I think. I can go into the same mental states on either acid or shrooms, and to me, that plays the largest role in any psychedelic, but I think that's down to the environment you're in and how you process it. Both acid and shrooms, if you take enough, will get you where you want (or don't want) to go.