Music Banter - View Single Post - The great hardcore/punk countdown
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #189 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
Uniform Choice was a revelation. I gotta say I'd have Discharge in my top ten easy. That snap crackle pop guitar sound, the earth shattering vocals and the amazing energy of their music was very powerful. More then any other d-beat band less Doom, Discharge really created something different and new, the way bands like Extreme Noise Terror did also. One of my favorite punk rock bands in general. Why is one of those albums that comes along that just bashes your head in and makes you see music in a different light. Interested to see where this thread goes also, WTB has done one hell of a good job even if Chaos UK and Discharge should be higher up in my opinion. Great thread.
Well if its any conselation, there is another band coming up with a former Discharge member in it, though you may have to wait awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
hmmmm.....keeping my mouth shut about Gorilla Biscuits

but wow man.....i can see not really liking Discharge....although i'd disagree....but keeping in mind that an entire sub genre of punk rock "D Beat" comes from and is named after this band....i mean amazing bands like Anti Cimex, Misantropic, Doom, even Dropdead.....i'd even agree that Discharge had as much influence on early black metal as Bathory and Venom.....and probably influence those two bands

as always...your list you opinion....and cannot wait to see your top ten

i'll just say it now....i for one can't fucking stand the exploited....and blame them for "punker than thou" acts like rancid....

i feel you got great taste and can't wait to see where they are on the list
Egads! you don't like The Exploited or Rancid! "Can you fly Bobby!" jk I wonder if anyone will catch where that quote is from. I don't know how people will take my top 10, honestly I think most people will be disapointed, its a little unorthodox, I'm also still working on whose in & whose out of it, a little ways away yet.

Anyways it appears I've survived the Discharge, but not the Gorilla Biscuits onslaught. So I know I've said this a thousand times but if enough people put their input in at the end, I'll revamp the list according to MB members. Anyways time for some grind.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote