Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles Discography: Ranked
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Powerstars
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by neardeathexperience View Post
I think Sgt. Pepper is the Beatle's best album for many reasons. First it allowed the band some artistic freedom by taking on the persona of another band. There are few other Beatle albums that offer such diverse styles of music. All the songs are unique on to themselves! In the context of 1967 George's contribution is spot on. The blend of rich Indian cultural sounds to the point that you can smell the insense burning. The whole thing was a masterpiece from the album's cover to the suits that they chose to wear etc. In my opinion the album is the single greatest milestone in modern music.
Remember, this is my opinion. I'm not saying the album is bad in anyway. In fact, I really enjoy it's uniqueness. I just like some of their other stuff better. Negative as some of these words may be, I love all these albums!

7: Magical Mystery Tour

Another collection. This is made up of the songs from the film and some brilliant singles. Personally, I think this album's biggest problem is that it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too short. I really dig all the songs.

6: Please Please Me

Their first album that was mostly recorded in one exhausting 10 hour session. Everyone seems to praise the cover of "Twist And Shout," and while I agree that it's impressive that Lennon pulled that off with a sore throat, I find it to be rather out of key. The rest of the album is underrated with some great originals and fantastic covers.

Last edited by Powerstars; 02-05-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Powerstars is offline   Reply With Quote