Music Banter - View Single Post - Cheap Trick
Thread: Cheap Trick
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #59 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I always thought this type of song, was the band at their worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfanatic View Post
Years ago I was in a CD Warehouse and found In Color there and saw that that song was on it. I grabbed it and put it in their CD player. Like I mentioned, I usually like studio versions more than live. I was thinking that I was going to buy it almost on the spot but I listened to the song and put it back
Despite being a huge fan, I never liked that song at all, but the rest of the album are what dreams are made of, power pop at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
Been putting together a Cheap Trick album collection, focusing on the first album to Next Position Please, all on vinyl - I feel that I have most of the Standing on the Edge to Busted essentials on Disc Four of the Sex, America, Cheap Trick set. Starting out nice with Heaven Tonight, Dream Police, and One On One, all with some very good memories surrounding them. In fact, my first purchase of Dream Police was at the grocery store in the small dot on the map I lived in as a kid (IGA was the store). You don't get that many memories like that.

Plus: I also got the Roadie soundtrack with "Everything Works of You Let It."
Sounds like a good idea, great to see what you include on there. I think Next Position Please is the worst album in their whole discography and it's one of those albums where Todd Rundgren turned out to be a disaster as a producer as he tried to tinker with the band, it does have a couple of good songs though.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote