Music Banter - View Single Post - The great hardcore/punk countdown
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #191 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

77. Bring me the Horizon Genre (Metalcore/Hardcore/Deathcore) Sheffield UK, era Modern &

Six FT Ditch Genre (Beatdown Hardcore/Murdercore) Hampshire UK, era Modern

BMTH

So I put the grind on hold for a sec, moving things around again.
Anyhow I think I gave fair warning before that there are some emocore bands are on the list, but I am not going to back down on this one, despite the fact that BMTH attracts a lot of fan fare hatred.

I have been following this band since their early inception shortly after the release of their first ep. I recognized the talent back then, and I am not surprised that they've became one of the biggest names in metalcore, and will continue to do so in the years to come, provided they don't keep replacing their guitarists.

Alligator Blood

Shadow Mose

Diamonds Aren't Forever

Six FT Ditch

I was originally going to pair BMTH up with another metalcore band like the Architects, but after hearing them do a bunch of girlie power ballads, it looks like they're on their way to selling out, so at this point, I've come to believe that metalcore is beyond redemption, and thus I give you some murdercore instead.

Now for those of you who hate the whole...how shall I say...thug attitude of beatdown hardcore, I shall forewarn you that this won't be your cup of tea. It sounds like a combination of New York Hardcore, with some metal and gangsta attitude thrown in. Anyways it does it job,

SIX FEET DEEP

MARCH OF THE SFD

Last edited by William_the_Bloody; 07-24-2013 at 04:49 PM.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote