Music Banter - View Single Post - Live music lover
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
DontSayYouWont
Groupie

Default Live music lover

I actually love all types of music but my passion is going to a live gig or being out where there is live music.
I live for the atmosphere, for the party. If I was to choose a genre it’s definitely on the heavy side… rock, metal, punk but I sometimes have the opportunity at work to see various live concerts and I have found I love anything so long as it’s good and I'm having a good time…and get a little alcohol into me… I can dance to anybody lol.

I've always tried to work in events. I've worked nearly 10 years in hospitality and catering events then I found a UNI degree ‘Live Music Event Management and Production’.
Since completing the degree I still have no work and I am still in casual minimal wage employment as a merchandise seller and event steward as well as bloody waitressing.

The reason I have joined this forum is because I've just started my own live music promotion company…Don't Say You Won't Promotions...Due to the lack of employment opportunities I have got together with a fellow student (who is also a slave to minimal wage and mind numbing work) and decided to just do things ourselves, independently.
She is the artistic direction and picks all the bands and I'm more about the party and try to get as many people as possible to the gig.

I am here to absorb myself a little more into the culture and so have signed up to this forum. I look forward to all future discussions.
DontSayYouWont is offline   Reply With Quote