Music Banter - View Single Post - The Pixies vs Nirvana
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #492 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeATLBraves24 View Post
Pixies. Nirvana has some great songs, but Pixies are the better overall band.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhD Researcher View Post
I wouldn't have expected a different answer from a user with the name Black Francis But yes, I would have to agree. I like Nirvana a lot, but I believe their appeal was boosted a great deal by timing... the music world needed a boost in the keister about the time they came on the scene... and Pearl Jam wasn't enough of a boost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Very true
collectively ppl were tired of the arrogance of 80's bands, in that era Bands were larger than life, with the big hair and theatrics here comes the 90's and now Bands look like slackers.. lol

And Nirvana fit that image and Kurt became a poster boy for a generation..

Yet in the mid to late 80's there were bands before Nirvana that never got much attention until that grunge explosion..

Bands like Sonic youth, The Pixies, Pavement, The violent femmes and others, that were doing that kinda music that became popular in the 90's

They just didn't get alot of Media exposure cause Hair metal still ruled the 80's
You three should be flogged, then hung drawn and quartered for reviving this thread.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote