Music Banter - View Single Post - What do you think will eventually happen to Syrian president Bashar Al-Assad?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 04:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Do you think someone should go in, Unknown? Also, by "sorted out internally" I assume you mean the rebels will have to kill Assad, right?
I think the only people that should go in are the UN who in theory are the only acceptable solution but after the old Yugoslavia debacle amongst others public opinion here at least, largely sees them as a waste of time, so in practice I don't know how good they would do. As I'm generally anti-war, it pains me to say that the only other option would be to include the predicatable international force, but any force I feel would need to be made up of other Arab states and have approval from Russia. Which I don't see happening, so I think Syria will need to deal with this internally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Well if they have the appropriate weapons/rockets to kill him, and they know where he is(which is in the presidential palace if Im not mistaken), wouldnt they do so long ago? Or at least, attempt to do so long ago?

Im not psychic but I think it's pretty obvious that all the protesters in Syria have in mind right now is to either kill him or oust him(Bashar Al-Assad).
But it's not always as simple as this, there has probably been quite a few attempts on his life already that we just don't know about. As I said on an earlier post, when these dictators are killed by the mob, its normally after large sections of the army have gone over to the rebels rather than a perfectly executed asssassination attempt. So no it doesn't surprise me at all that he's not dead.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote