Music Banter - View Single Post - The great hardcore/punk countdown
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #194 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

74. Suicide Silence Genre (Deathcore) California USA , era Modern &

Exhumed Genre (Deathgrind/Death Metal) California USA, era 90's to present

I noted before that I am not a huge fan of deathcore, as a general rule of thumb I find the genre to be a real snooze fest, in that it all pretty much sounds the same, in other words really monotonous and boring.

What I look for in any musical genre are songs that stand out and separate a band from the rest of the pack, and despite giving deathcore heavyweights Job for a Cowboy, Whitechapel & Red Chord, a good spin on more than one occasion, I'm just not feeling it, that is of course with the exception of this one band. Suicide Silence really could have been the leader of the pack for this heavy metal genre, largely due to a talented vocalist who had charismatic shades of Bon Scott. Consequently he's now passed on, as his long lyrics state "live life hard!" he defiantly did that, RIP, Mitch Lucker.

You only live once

Revelations

No pity for the coward

Exhumed

In revamping this list, I realized that I did not have any deathgrind bands, primarily because when you use the word death in a genre, it seems to take precedence. Thus whether it be deathgrind or deathcore, in the end, it's far more of a sub genre of death metal than hardcore in my opinion.

The Matter of Splatter

Last edited by William_the_Bloody; 06-30-2013 at 01:07 AM.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote