Music Banter - View Single Post - The great hardcore/punk countdown
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #196 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
74. Suicide Silence Genre (Deathcore) California USA , era Modern

I noted before that I am not a huge fan of deathcore, as a general rule of thumb I find the genre to be a real snooze fest, in that it all pretty much sounds the same, in other words really monotonous and boring.

What I look for in any musical genre are songs that stand out and separate a band from the rest of the pack, and despite giving deathcore heavyweights Job for a Cowboy, Whitechapel & Red Chord, a good spin on more than one occasion, I'm just not feeling it, that is of course with the exception of this one band. Suicide Silence really could have been the leader of the pack for this heavy metal genre, largely due to a talented vocalist who had charismatic shades of Bon Scott. Consequently he's now passed on, as his long lyrics state "live life hard!" he defiantly did that, RIP, Mitch Lucker.
Never a big fan of deathcore either, but Ted Maul had a cool take on it, adding bits of electronica. Not that they really have anything to do with hardcore.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote