Music Banter - View Single Post - Whiskey's Album Reviews Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

I like your journal so far and as Trollheart said, each journal is a matter of taste and you'll also find as you go by your reviews will get bigger and more focused. But one thing you have got and in my opinion it's a vital ingredient, is that you read between the lines on why a band recorded an album and why they did such a thing. It might not be the correct assumption but putting your own assumption makes the whole experience a more interesting read. I do this a lot on my journal.

I've always liked St.Anger and since Load the band were always trying to do something different, whilst these albums are not as good as classic era Metallica, they show a band willing to explore than simply dish out the same style of music.

You have me interested again with the Dream Theater debut, I never much cared for this album, but will listen again and I might have a different opinion on it now.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote